Jinrong Liu received her B.S. and M.S. in Chemistry from Sichuan University and Zhejiang University, in 2017 and 2020, respectively. She is currently a Ph.D. student at Stockholm University under the guidance of Prof. Mika Sipponen in the sustainable material chemistry group (SUSMATCHEM).
Her research interests include bio-based functional materials for applications such as controlled release systems and antimicrobial surfaces. She has worked on hydrothermal carbonization and production of porous carbon materials. Her PhD project focuses on development of lignin-based environmentally friendly coating systems for various different interfaces and applications.
Current research activities:
• Surface and colloidal chemistry of lignin nanoparticles
• Hybrid particles and nanocomposites
• Bio-functional materials
- Liu J+, Xie L+, Deng J, Gong Y, Tang G, Bai H*, Wang Y*. Annular mesoporous carbonaceous nanospheres from biomass-derived building units with enhanced biological interactions. Chem. Mater. 2019, 31, 7186−7191.
- Liu J+, Xie L+, Wang Z, Mao S, Gong Y, Lü G, Ma X, Yu L, Wang Y*. Biomass-derived ordered mesoporous carbon nano-ellipsoids encapsulated metal clusters inside: ideal nanoreactors for shape-selective catalysis. Chem. Commun. 2020, 56, 229-232.
- Liu X+, Liu J+, Zheng B*, Yan L, Dai J, Zhuang Z, Du J, Guo Y, Xiao D*, N-doped carbon dots: green and efficient synthesis on large-scale and their application in fluorescent pH sensing, New J. Chem. 2017, 41, 10607-10612.
- Xie L, Wang Z, Liu J, Gong Y, Mao S, Lü G, Ma X, Yu L, Wang Y*. Kinetics-controlled synthesis of hierarchically porous materials with tunable properties from diverse building blocks. Carbon 2019, 155, 611-617.